The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) receives direction from the LRE Board and, in collaboration with the CEO’s of partnering Community Mental Health Service Providers (CMHSPs) and the contracted Managed Care Organization (MCO), the CEO ensures that all Pre-Paid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) functions are carried out in a manner that improves the lives of people with mental illness, developmental disability, and substance use disorders in Allegan, Kent, Lake, Mason, Muskegon, Oceana, and Ottawa counties The CEO serves as the contract manager and spokesperson for the region and is the interface between the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), the CMHSPs of the Lakeshore Region, and the contracted Managed Care Organization for all publicly funded services as defined by the Michigan Mental Health Code. The CEO ensures regulatory compliance, promotes efficiency and effectiveness by providing leadership, facilitation, and stewardship of the regional resources. The CEO will provide oversight and monitoring of the contract with the managed care organization.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help create a sustainable public-private partnership within Michigan’s public mental health system while maintaining the core tenets that are foundational to the current public system including; the local PIHP continue to hold its governance role, the system is tied to Michigan’s counties, and that the contractual and financial relations of the CMHSPs and PIHPs remain directly with the state.
• Presentation of reports and recommendations to the Board of Directors which are timely and accurate including an Annual Report and Audited Financial Report.
• Ensure compliance with all PIHP Policy and Procedures.
• Facilitate PIHP committee activity.
• Ensure that all mandatory reporting to MDHHS is completed accurately and timely.
• Monitor Regional and Administrative budgets to ensure accuracy and efficient use of funds.
• Motivate, lead and develop staff; carry out supervisory responsibility in accordance with entity policies, procedures and applicable laws; provide training in job skills; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; address complaints and resolve problems.
• Management and monitoring of delegated functions.
• Works collaboratively with Operations Committee of CMHSP CEOs and a diverse group of board members from 5 CMHSPs.
• Find solutions to conflict and work with Operations Committee of CMHSP CEOs and Executive staff to resolve conflict.
• Ensures compliance with all MDHHS or other accreditation standards.
• Ensures regional Quality Improvement efforts.
• Participate in Joint Operating Committee meetings with MCO and CMHSP members.
• Oversee/manage operational and administrative services provided by the contracted MCO.
• Promote and protect the integrity of the Behavioral Health system and service delivery.
• Ensure Behavioral Health services continue to be a priority for the region as the integration process evolves.
• Presentation and dialogue with CMHSP boards and community members.
• Serves the LRE Board with complete transparency by providing all pertinent information in an accurate, complete, and timely manner.
• Assists the LRE Board in fulfilling its obligation to the CMHSPs and consumers which is to bring about the success and stability of the region.
• Interaction with all health care and SUD providers.
• Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the LRE.
• Able to set concrete goals and objectives for the region.
• Perform other duties as assigned.