The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of secretarial and administrative support functions which require proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets, the exercise of independent judgment, confidentiality, time management, and a high degree of accuracy.
• Assists in the assembly of materials as directed for onsite and offsite events: assists with preparations for workshops/conferences/training sessions and other scheduled meetings/events; i.e., board packets, handouts for Executive Director to take to chapter meetings/training sessions/exhibits, etc.
• Answers multi-line telephone and routes calls to appropriate staff persons. Responds to general inquiries referring to current information sources or to established policies and procedures.
• Performs various administrative and project support tasks. Answers inquiries and provides requested information.
• Organizes and revises a record keeping and filing system as necessary for job responsibilities; classifies, sorts, and files correspondence, records and other documents.
• Establishes, maintains, and updates Association information such as preparing files and entering relevant data into a computer database.
• Proofreads and corrects drafts and final copy materials for appropriate and consistent format, accuracy of information, punctuation, spelling and grammar.
• Maintains systematic follow-up procedures to ensure that deadlines are met and that information and material required from outside sources is received on a timely basis.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.