The Director Member Services manages the MBWWA Employee Benefit Trust plan, directs day-to-day operations, supervises services staff, and engages in strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, and vendor negotiations for the various service programs offered to the Association's membership. This position is responsible for marketing an endorsed 401K program and investment advisor services which includes attending proposals, annual performance reviews, and acting as a liaison between employers and advisors.
• Serves as a consultant and agent of record for insurance lines, this position is responsible for attracting prospective members, designing and marketing new arrangements to existing members, and assisting employers with regulatory compliance.
• Administers the Group Insurance Program which is comprised of approximately 36 employers and 2,300 employees and includes oversight of enrollment, invoicing, cafeteria plan administration, open enrollment and associated responsibilities of placing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and Voluntary Insurance products.
• Directs and monitors program plan funding, premium generation, negotiations and renewals, and organizes Trustee board meetings assisted by a national consultant.
• Supervises and supports staff with day to day administration of service programs, primarily the group insurance program.
• Evaluates market trends in the healthcare industry, monitors legislation and regulatory guidance and stays abreast of the latest in benefit funding arrangements and technology.
• Manages all aspects of $22M Employee Benefit Trust (EBT), including budgeting, financial analysis, rate development, planning, compliance, vendor contracting & negotiations with the assistance of a consultant that provides claims analysis & actuarial services.
• Markets an endorsed 401K provider and investment advisor to Association members, attends proposal meetings, annual reviews and serves as a liaison between employers and investment providers.
• Oversees the security of personal information and monitors ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, PPACA compliance as mandated by the IRS, HHS, CMS and the DOL.
• Attends annual seminars conferences and belongs to professional organizations in order to stay current with industry changes.