The Mortgage Loan Officer is instrumental in growing Bank assets by developing profitable lending relationships with new customers and expanding relationships with existing customers. The Loan Officer’s primary efforts focus on new business development with existing customers and cross selling the Bank’s other products and services.
The individual’s territory will primarily be Lansing and surrounding market (Dewitt, Mason, Holt, East Lansing, etc.) excluding Grand Ledge.
• Develops customer and referral relationships which result in lending opportunities for the Bank.
• Calls on referral sources outside the Bank such as realtors, builders, financial planners, accountants or any other likely source of loan referrals.
• Pursues leads, follows up with prospective loan applicants and does what is necessary to secure a steady flow of loan applications.
• Works directly with loan customers answering questions, determining appropriate lending products, assisting with applications, following up and otherwise processing loan requests.
• Identifies other, non-lending, customer needs, educates customers on the benefits of Bank products and makes referrals to other Bank personnel such as CSR’s or the Financial Services Representative as appropriate.
• Works with Loan Underwriters to complete the underwriting of loans and prepare them for credit decisions.
• Performs all duties in conformance with all Bank policy, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.