Under the general direction of the Newaygo County Mental Health Board of Directors, the Director is responsible for successfully developing and executing the organization's strategic plan. Key responsibilities include developing and meeting budgetary goals in the areas of revenue, sustainability, and sound financial management, maintaining a high consumer retention rate and strategic consumer relationship management, overseeing marketing and business development initiatives, maintaining a positive workplace culture, and providing leadership and development for the staff.
• Leads agency to achieve goals and objectives as outlined in the agency’s strategic plan.
• Ensures that all decision making by the agency’s leadership team is consistent with the agency’s mission, vision & values.
• Provide oversight to the agency’s adherence to all legislative and regulatory compliance obligations such as Medicaid contract, MHC, etc.
• Will take a lead role in representing the agency in its continued efforts for local integration of physical and Behavioral Health Care services.
• Participates in all external/internal audits.
• Mentor/encourages the agency staff to develop and maintain ongoing professional working relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
• Assures that there remains an open and consistent process in the agency that allows for consumer and stakeholder input on a regular basis to identify opportunities and/or future trends that will impact the agency and consumer services.
• When asked, will provide in-services, educate and promote the agency’s mission, vision and value and consumer services.
• Maintains active involvement with leadership roles in the community within the public Behavioral Health Care system (MSHN, CMHAM, and MDHHS).
• Other duties as directed by the Board of Directors.
(Position responsibilities listed are not inclusive)
• Committed to good quality of care and supports a culture of wellness and recovery for individuals.
• Shows dignity and respect to all individuals and embraces recipients’ rights.
• Accessible and accountable to the people we serve (both internal and external).
• Keeps up with current trends/expectations and shares this information with others.
• Embraces and participates in quality improvement efforts.
• Displays willingness to try new methodology to help improve practices, processes, and standards.
• Works collaboratively, building and helping others within the agency teams and community partners.
• Willing to take on leadership for new tasks and make a valuable contribution to their team.
• Supportive and approachable; makes others feel comfortable asking for assistance or feedback on new ideas.
• Self-motivated and dedicated to a high-level performance for the individuals we serve.
• Demonstrates care, respect, and compassion for co-workers and those we serve.
• Displays integrity and dependability to build trust and credibility with others.
• Develops, establishes, and maintains relationships with community and industry peers.
• Contributes to building a positive attitude and working environment within our team.
• Supports and participates in agency sponsored functions and activities.
• Willing to be flexible/adaptable.