The Vice President assists in leading Public Sector Consultants’ (PSC’s) talent and economics team; contributes to PSC’s client services leadership team; sells and manages large projects; supervises and mentors staff; researches, analyzes, and writes reports and strategy documents related to local, state, and national public policy issues; plans and facilitates stakeholder meetings; and more.
• Co-leads PSC’s talent and economics team, including developing and managing team budgets, monitoring and helping to grow the team’s sales pipeline, managing the team’s capacity, and developing creative ideas for moving the team in exciting new directions.
• Participates in PSC’s client services leadership team, which comprises leaders from all consulting services teams and addresses issues related to service delivery, client satisfaction, sales strategy, and sales pipeline management.
• Oversees the quality of the firm’s quantitative research design and analysis across content areas, specializing in the application of mathematical and statistical methods.
• Conducts, translates, and analyzes policy research for clients inside and outside the policy arena, with work covering a range of policy topics, but focusing heavily on economic development; workforce development; fiscal policy, including state and local budget analysis; early childhood education; K–12; and higher education.
• Develops and sells major projects that draw on PSC’s strengths and manages those projects.
• Manages multiple large projects concurrently, including overseeing the scope of work, the team, and the client to ensure a high-quality project that is completed on time and on budget.
• Cultivates relationships and work with leaders in public policy, demonstrating the skills to interpret and comment on complex policy and/or technical issues.
• Independently develops reports and prepares strategy documents, grant applications, and other project/program deliverables.
• Designs meeting processes, facilitates stakeholder discussions, and acts as an expert presenter on complex and/or technical issues.
• Supervises, mentors, and guides PSC colleagues to help them meet their performance expectations, and shares knowledge about areas of expertise and the work of the firm.
• Other duties as assigned by management.