The Property Manager (PM) is a key executive within the Eyde Company structure. The company’s portfolio holds commercial and residential properties as well as vacant land. While most of the company’s inventory is located within Michigan, various properties are located out of state. The PM is responsible for the “big picture” management of these property divisions as well as the teams that oversee the day-to-day operations. The incumbent must have strong experience in the field of PM while, at the same time, possess leadership skills enabling effective team management.
• Oversee day-to-day management of commercial and residential divisions and ensures that internal policies and procedures and strictly followed.
• Works with direct reports to ensure tenants are in concurrence with lease conditions.
• Coordinates competitive bids and secure contracts from vendors and service providers expediently so as to keep properties in excellent condition.
• Provides and approves budgeting for tenant improvements.
• Directs various teams towards the goal of maximum occupancy via new leases or lease renewals.
• Oversees the preparation of annual budgets by property and for the division.
• Assists in negotiation strategies and client meetings.
• Recruits, hires, trains and directly manages direct reports including: Commercial Building Supervisors, Commercial Construction Building Supervisor, Commercial Grounds Supervisor, Property Management Supervisor, CAD / Design Coordinator, and Sales and Leasing Associate.
• Visits properties regularly to ensure that tenants are satisfied and properties are maintained.
• In conjunction with the General Counsel and Lease Administrator, ensures that leasing and closing documents are prepared accurately and on time.
• Stay current with market trends to provide rental rate recommendations to owners and final pricing to teams.
• Other duties as assigned by the Owners.