The Sales Associate works as part of a team of staff members focused on assisting our customers in need of various high quality paint products we offer in our stores. One of the primary goals of the position is to communicate with customers to determine their needs and use a strong knowledge of the products we offer to recommend the best solution to their paint product needs.
As a family owned business, O’Leary Paint prefers to promote from within and their staff is very important to them. This is an environment where great work and excellent customer service are appreciated by both the owners and customers.
• Meets or exceeds quotas and/or objectives with respect to sales volume (revenue); margins; business development (new accounts); and gallons sold.
• Prepares and organizes numeric and non-numeric records and data in digital and print formats, including contracts, activity reports, and expense reports.
• Collaborates with store managers to ensure satisfactory levels of customer service.
• Provides accurate project estimates with price quotes and terms of sale.
• Cultivates key prospects and long-term customer relationships. Develops new business by finding, qualifying, and closing revenue-generating leads.
• Promotes the fair resolution of customer issues, including those that pertain to product performance.
• Monitors and communicates customer credit and customer payments in accordance with credit terms and Company guidelines.
• Supports marketing and promotional activities in the district.
• Participates in Company meetings, functions, and trainings as required as well as relevant professional organizations, associations, trade shows and conventions.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.