The State Training Coordinator is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the Michigan (MI) 2-1-1 Training Curriculum in order to achieve consistent resource database maintenance and service delivery practices across the system. The State Training Coordinator also assists MI 2-1-1 community partners who use the resource database to search for information.
• Provides individual and group training to MI 2-1-1 resource database staff, including call staff, other MI 2-1-1 customers and when other needs for training assistance are identified.
• Offers input and direction to call center staff for training and quality assessment processes related to database management best practices and contact center protocols.
• Collaborates with other training sources and field experts to broaden training support base and offer opportunities for employee skill development and professional growth.
• Identifies areas of special need and creates trainings to increase proficiency levels, i.e. taxonomy indexing, data gathering techniques, understanding community service delivery systems and effective administrative tools.
• Prepares staff to obtain the Certified Resource Specialist (CRS) and Certified Information and Referral Specialist (CIRS) credentials through provision of exam preparation materials and individualized study plans.
• Works closely with State Quality Assurance Coordinator to ensure that quality assurance objectives are upheld in training curriculum.
• Provides ongoing opportunities for staff to increase knowledge and demonstrate competencies.
• Assists with the onboarding and instruction of new hires.
• Maintains a standardized training curriculum that upholds Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) standards and MI 2-1-1's established resource maintenance and referral procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.