The Statewide Resource Database Director is responsible for the overall management of the Michigan 2-1-1 network’s comprehensive database of community resources. The database is used by Michigan 2-1-1 call center staff and volunteers to provide referrals to the general public and service provider organizations in need of health and human services.
• Oversees and facilitates the work of the local resource hub collaborative partners in order to implement and maintain database common practices such as parity, formal update processes, indexing management, and new resource development.
• Provides technical support, input and direction to call center staff for training and quality assessment processes related to database management best practices, and contact center protocols.
• Serves as primary contact with database software vendor for support of the system network, contract monitoring, managing resolution of database problems, and coordinating implementation of software updates and new version releases.
• Develops and maintains relationships with partners statewide to promote awareness and use of statewide resources to support state and local initiatives, and to grow the database in keeping with established protocols.
• Achieves consolidation and standardization of non-duplicative resource database to support Michigan’s statewide 2-1-1 information and referral system.
• Identifies areas of expertise among the collaborative partners to build and leverage local skill sets when assigning resource database maintenance tasks.
• Conducts regular database audits (internal and external) using standardized quality assessment tools to monitor system performance against established metrics.
• Creates and upholds Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accuracy, consistency and relevance of information in the 2-1-1 database while adhering to Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) standards.
• Coordinates requests for access to statewide resources as relates to disaster planning, data requests and specialized directories.
• Encourages and participates in state and national partnerships to support regional and national standardization and database management best practices.
• Other duties as directed by the Executive Director.