Under the direction of the Board of Commissioners, the County Administrator is responsible for the overall management of the County. Assists the Board of Commissioners in developing the vision for the County as well as implementation strategies and programs for realizing related goals, objectives, and outcomes.
• Directs and promotes the interests, goals, purposes, and policies of Wexford County.
• Plans, organizes, and directs County operations and assures implementation of policies for operating departments within their control.
• Presents creative alternatives to various challenges facing the County.
• Assesses operations, staffing levels, facilities, and equipment. Analyzes budgetary and resource needs, undertakes improvements, and implements changes. Monitors operational costs and takes actions for increasing efficiency. Knowledge of governmental accounting is important.
• Oversees the preparation and implementation of the annual budget, assures proper administration of the budget and the achievement of desired financial outcomes.
• Works with the Board, professional consultants, citizens, contractors and departments to examine the needs of the County, the development of programs and services, and the evaluation of County operations.
• Serves as the spokesperson for the County, including utilizing various media sources, such as radio, print and social media.