The Executive Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will serve as a driving force, resource and consultant behind all equity and well-being efforts to achieve the goal of creating a welcoming and equitable environment as outlined in the District’s Equity-Oriented Strategic Plan (EOSP). Special emphasis will be placed on supporting and advocating for Black, Indigenous and other Persons of Color (BIPOC), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning (LGBTQ+), protected groups as identified by State and Federal Law, and other historically marginalized groups. Reporting directly to the Superintendent of HPS, the Executive Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DDEI) will provide leadership, guidance, and direction to the Holt Public Schools administration who will closely work with and support the Executive DDEI to achieve this goal throughout the district and community. In order to develop a safe learning community, the Executive DDEI will be an integral leader regarding District Safety and Security vision, projects, and implementation of systems. As such, the Executive DDEI will serve as member of the Superintendent’s Advisory Council, working with and providing direction to the Superintendent, Senior Administrators, Building Administrators, Directors and staff on how to move the district toward a more inclusive and equitable culture and climate.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A LETTER FROM DR. HORNAK, SUPERINTENDENT OF HOLT PUBLIC SCHOOLS. CLICK HERE TO VIEW A LETTER FROM AMY DALTON, PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION AT HOLT PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners/stakeholders to develop strategies that address existing and inequitable gaps within HPS hiring, training, and operational policies to create a more inclusive district.
• Provide consultation and technical assistance on implementing diversity, equity and inclusion programming and training that supports and utilizes social justice advocacy through which all procedures and policies are analyzed and/or developed across the district.
• Develop metrics and analyze data that identifies opportunities to improve policies and practices to achieve the goal of equity and inclusion as well as highlighting areas for improvement amongst administration and staff.
• Along with the administration of HPS will identify, develop, and deliver equity training and development programing to internal and external stakeholders to promote diversity and inclusion throughout the district and community.
• Serve as a member of senior administration and part of the Superintendent’s Advisory Council reporting directly to the Superintendent and collaborating with all Directors and Administrators in fostering the diversity and equity goals of the district in all facets of district operations.
• Work closely with internal and external partners/stakeholders to continue the development and implementation of the District’s Equity Oriented Strategic Plan in order to facilitate the goals of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the district in areas of hiring, training, support, teaching, and management.
• Analyze current systems and structures to positively impact outcomes for historically underrepresented groups to support the implementation of goals within the District’s Equity Oriented Strategic Plan.
• Oversight and coordination of the Holt Equity and Access Team (HEAT) supporting committee work and initiatives as outlined in the Equity Oriented Strategic Equity Plan.
• Research, develop and implement a strategic equity plan for advancing diversity, equity and inclusion practices that aligns with district and state strategic education plans and goals.
• Attend diversity, equity and inclusion related training and workshops to remain current regarding best practices in the field and to increase personal knowledge and capacity to lead.
• Work with Superintendent and HR to identify employees and stakeholders who would benefit from training and workshops related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Develop and seek out trainings and workshops that would be beneficial to directors and administrators to improve our entire leadership team in carrying out the goals of diversity, equity, and inclusion for the district.
• Oversight of safety and security systems: support the district safety committee, etc., including specific training such as the Behavior Threat Assessment.
• Assist HR regarding oversight of the bullying, harassment, and Title VI, VII, and IX training, data collection, and response systems.
• Conduct diversity, equity and inclusion training and workshops for HPS administrators and Staff.
• Collaborating on behalf of the district with community associations groups and other stakeholders in fostering the goals of diversity, equity, inclusion, and the support of historically marginalized groups in the area.
• Serve on District committees as assigned/appointed, especially the DEI Committee.
• The Executive DDEI will have the support of the Holt Public Schools Board of Trustees, the Superintendent, and Administration in their implementation of programming and policy.
• Work on district strategic goals as they pertain to HR, such as recruitment, hiring, training, support, and retention of a diverse employee base.
• Assist the HR Director in developing a recruitment plan focused on finding experienced individuals from underrepresented groups as a means of attracting these individuals to consider employment with the district.
• Collaborates with HR in developing and implementing DEI measures into annual assessments and evaluations that assess employees' participation and/or progress in DEI initiatives.
• Collaborate with the Curriculum Office on district strategic goals as they pertain to curriculum reviews and approvals, and implementation of curriculum as applicable to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Perform various other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Schools, such as attending Due Process Hearings when requested.