The Controller position is responsible for a wide variety of accounting activities supporting the financial position of the company. These include accounts payables, receivables, job costing, billing, invoicing, and taxes. The Controller works with staff and the outside accounting firm to ensure all financial documents are current, accurate, and in compliance with accounting requirements.
• Conducts Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable duties performing various day to day accounting functions such as month end close, reporting, invoicing, and billing.
• Reconciles corporate accounts and prepares standard reports and statements for management.
• Maintain, track, and report all costs related to construction projects.
• Review contractors' bills for accuracy and completeness, and recommend approval for payment requests.
• Process invoices, requisitions, and purchase orders.
• Work with Project Management and Job Costing and Reporting to accurately track, report, and process construction project activities.
• Monitor and process 401k Plan Compliance requirements.
• Pay all corporate taxes pursuant to our accounting firm’s instructions.
• At year-end, reconcile the General Ledger, prepare the unadjusted Trial Balance, and prepare the 1099’s.